Two words have dominated the Government’s policy agenda for Britain in recent months: ‘Levelling Up’. But what does this mean for communities? With the ‘Levelling Up’ white paper now on the horizon, does this moment mark an opportunity to build more connected neighbourhoods? And what lessons can the Levelling Up agenda draw from the rise in ‘community action’ seen over the Covid-19 crisis?
This online webinar shared the findings and recommendations from the latest report of the APPG on Social Integration, ‘Building Stronger Communities in a Post-Pandemic Britain’, which explores the role that business and volunteer organisations played in connecting people during the pandemic, fostering positive connections between people from different backgrounds. British Future provides the secretariat to the APPG.
- Catherine Johnstone, CEO of the Royal Voluntary Service
- Peter Gibson MP, Chair of the APPG on Social Integration
- Emilia Quist, Head of Policy Research, Federation of Small Businesses
- Andrew O’Brien, Social Enterprise UK
- Heather Rolfe, Director of Research and Relationships, British Future (Chair)
Date & time: Tuesday 2nd November, 1.30pm – 2.45pm